by Kim Lavine
If geeks are being touted as our most important cultural arbiters by virtue of being the number one early adopters of new technology, then women are the real geeks, because the research shows that it’s women, particularly moms—not geeks—that are the new number one early adopters of new technology.
That’s according to a new study by Solutions Research Group (SRG), a Toronto-based research firm, among other studies.
Donna Hall, senior director with SRG, says that when it comes to new media and gadget use in our daily lives, women have surged ahead of men in virtually every category.
College-aged men are the top early adopters of new technology.
Women have surged ahead of men in virutally every category of new technology.
Whether it’s gadgets like cell phones and digital cameras, or media like streaming video, social networking, digital video recorders (DVRs), and casual gaming, women are using them more than men.
Women are driving real market innovation through that mastery and demand for two reasons: to save time and to connect with each other.
An Excerpt from THE MOMMY MANIFESTO
In this book you'll learn:
- How to find and profit from growth markets
- How to grow your business on a bootstrap budget
- How to tap into $20 Billion in angel capital
- How to take your product or service to consumers around the world for almost no cost
- How to compete in a challenging marketplace to not only survive, but thrive
- How to use information to conquer fear How to take control of your financial destiny today!