Take your business to THE NEXT LEVEL and get your products IN FRONT OF 150,000+ RETAIL BUYERS ACROSS THE U.S.--INCLUDING BIG RETAILERS—as an exhibitor with BUY MOM® at AmericasMart for the July 2012 International Gift and Home Furnishings show!
“I’m representing the products of up to 6 EXHIBITORS at this show as my personal picks as THE NEXT BIG THING, certified to be SHELF-READY for 1,000’s of BIG and small RETAILERS across the country!” Kim Lavine
SAVE THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS in costs of having to attend a tradeshow alone, while getting ORDERING INFORMATION for your products in hands of MOTIVATED WHOLESALE BUYERS, including BIG NATIONAL RETAILERS!
HAVE FUN while working hard and make PROFESSIONAL CONNECTIONS with peers and potential business partners that will last a lifetime.
This will be your opportunity to mentor with Kim Lavine personally as she teaches you HOW TO SELL on the floor of the show, as well as how to get the most out of your tradeshow dollar. From working the press room, to making contacts in permanent showrooms, you will take advantage of Kim's own priceless expertise working the country's top tradeshows to take YOUR PRODUCTS TO THE NEXT LEVEL!
Show Hours: Beginning at 9am Friday July 13th through Tuesday July 17th at 2pm. Set up of your exhibit space in the booth is required by no later than Thursday July 12th at 2pm
The Atlanta International Gift and Home Furnishings Market at AmericasMart www.americasmart.com
Many of the exhibitors who joined us at previous shows have gone on to FABULOUS SUCCESS! After meeting buyers from NORDSTROM, QVC, BED BATH & BEYOND, WALGREENS, DILLARDS, HALLMARK, PENNEYS and more at the market, or as a result of taking Kim's course BREAK DOWN THE DOORS OF BIG RETAIL they are rolling out to TOP RETAILERS ACROSS THE COUNTRY!
GET FACE-TO-FACE with the industry’s 100 MOST POWERFUL RETAILERS plus thousands of specialty store owners, distributors, reps, and key buying groups representing hundreds of WHOLESALE BUYERS including:
INVITE BUYERS TO YOUR DOOR
with an ad in the trade magazine that gets results!
- Sent to over 200,000 RETAILERS NATIONWIDE, AmericasMart Magazine has the largest circulation of any industry publication.
- Retailers consider it a “sneak-peek” at what’s in-store at market, as well as a KEY RESOURCE for trend information.
- 93% of retailers CONTACT companies that advertise
- 55% of retailers PLACE ORDERS with companies that advertise
- Reach prospective buyers before, during, and after-market with a publication that BIG AND SMALL RETAILERS ALIKE SHOP FROM!
- GET A 4-6 MONTH SHELF LIFE ON YOUR AD DOLLAR--a great return on investment
INCLUDES PLACEMENT ON THE AMERICASMART ONLINE MARKETPLACE WHERE 100,000 RETAILERS shop each month!
- AmericasMart Online Virtual Marketplace receives 80,000 TO 100,000 UNIQUE VISITS BY WHOLESALE BUYERS EACH MONTH.
GET FEATURED in a PRINT VERSION OF THE BUY MOM CATALOG, distributed to thousands of WHOLESALE BUYERS at the biggest wholesale tradeshow in America--AMERICASMART!
Get your product’s SELL SHEET featured in a FULL PAGE SPREAD in the Printed Buy Mom Catalog, included in the cost of exhibiting with BUY MOM!
DON’T HAVE A SELL SHEET?
- For an extra fee, tap into the real-world expertise of our world-class designers to produce a SELL SHEET that SELLS!
- We know what retailers are looking for and we focus on making you and your products look like a million bucks!
- Use our real-world experience making SALES TO TOP RETAILERS to build a compelling and exciting brand story around your product’s RETAIL OPPORTUNITY!
GET THE ATTENTION OF MAJOR INDUSTRY MEDIA by distributing a BLOCKBUSTER PRESS KIT at AmericasMart PRESS ROOM, and to writers, producers and editors who walk the floors on the hunt for THE NEXT BIG THING
You could spend $10,000 exhibiting at this show alone!
SAVE THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS and unnecessary STRESS from having to manage complex logistics ALONE, and get the MOST BENEFIT OUT OF EVERY DOLLAR YOU SPEND!
- INCLUDES EXHIBIT SPACE in the booth
- ONE-ON-ONE COACHING WITH KIM LAVINE at the show
- ¼ PAGE AD in THE MARKET MAGAZINE, sent to 200,000 retailers
- FULL PAGE SPREAD in the BUY MOM CATALOG
- TWO MONTH LISTING on the AmericasMart Virtual Storefront, where 100,000 retailers shop each month
- TWO MONTHS OF ONLINE PROMOTION at the new BUY MOM WEBSITE
- EXPOSURE TO TOP MEDIA attending the show
- WHOLESALE AND RETAIL advance order taking for TWO MONTHS, supported by a TOLL-FREE CUSTOMER SERVICE NUMBER STAFFED BY BUY MOM.
- Learn how to Connect with DISTRIBUTORS
- Search out representation in PERMANENT SHOWROOMS
- Source INTERNATIONAL MANUFACTURERS
- SHARE ROOM COSTS with fellow exhibitors
- Learn how to MERCHANDISE your exhibit
- Learn HOW TO PITCH buyers at the show
- HAVE FUN with your peers
- Learn what a SHOW SPECIAL is and how to use it
ALL BOOTH FURNISHINGS, FIXTURES, LIGHTING, ELECTRICAL, CARPET, SIGNAGE, WALLS AND EXHIBIT SPACE ARE INCLUDED IN YOUR COST! You just set up your table and SELL! WE HANDLE ALL THE COMPLICATED LOGISTICS SO YOU CAN FOCUS ON ONE THING - SELLING!!
ATTENTION: I’m putting my reputation on the line to offer retailers only the BEST NEW PRODUCTS, designed to be shelf-ready for MAJOR DISTRIBUTION. You must be a graduate of my course “BREAK DOWN THE DOORS OF BIG RETAIL” To exhibit with BUY MOM
“I’m representing the products of up to 6 EXHIBITORS at this show. All advance publicity, advertising collateral, online catalog, order sheets, and lighting are included in the cost, offering the opportunity to save thousands.”
SPACE IS EXTREMELY LIMITED. PREVIOUS OPPORTUNITIES HAVE SOLD OUT IN DAYS. FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED. CALL 616.607.2030 OR USE THIS FORM TO CONTACT A MEMBER OF OUR TEAM TODAY
Did we ever have a GREAT SHOW at International Gift and Home Furnishings Show at AmericasMart in Atlanta, July 15th - 19th!
I knew something was up when everything that could go wrong, did go wrong, when it came to setting up our booth.
In all my years of experience working tradeshows on both coasts and all points between, I had come to recognize this as a sure sign that something good was about to happen. Coming close to running out of order forms the first day--with visits from some of the biggest retailers in the country asking our BUY MOM exhibitors for samples to be sent to their buying offices after the show--was proof that I was right.
Some of the BIG RETAIL BUYERS that came to our booth and requested samples from our exhibitors included:
- BED, BATH & BEYOND
- BUY BUY BABY
- JC PENNEYS
- HALLMARK CORPORATE
- MARRIOTT HOTELS
- YANKEE CANDLE
- LTD COMMODITIES
- PLOW & HEARTH
- HARRIET CARTER
- AND MORE! Including small retailers across the country in every market segment!
But attending the biggest tradeshow in America is about more than writing orders and taking names--as good as that is!
It's about sourcing manufacturers, scouting out permanent showrooms, getting your Press Kit in front of industry media heavy-weights, connecting with domestic and international distributors, attending seminars, and learning priceless lessons about the retail industry from walking the millions of square feet of exhibit space spread over three huge buildings that make up AmericasMart.
One of our exhibitors was singled out for an upcoming feature in the most influential retail industry publication GIFT AND DECORATIVE ACCESSORIES.
Another exhibitor was selected as having one of the Top Ten Best New Items at the show by another industry expert.
How do your measure the success of a show?
Some of our exhibitors wrote lots of cash orders at the show, while others did not. Still, some of those did not are the ones who connected with the biggest retailers. Or sourced quality manufacturing overseas at a price that would lower retail barriers to entry. Or found a distributor who could help them penetrate massive chains using the connections and successful track record they already had in place.
One thing is certain though--presenting products READY FOR THE SHELVES of major retailers, including well-designed packaging, hang-tags, merchandising, pricing, Sell Sheets and Press Kits, is what set those at the top apart.
The other intangible thing that contributed to the success of our exhibitors was a winning, passionate attitude, and a willingness to work the floor every minute of the show.
No Quitters, No Criers, No Excuses, No Complainers--especially No Complainers!
At every tradeshow I've ever been at I can always count on hearing complaints from 80% of the exhibitors there, including the following: show traffic is off; it's the worst they've ever seen it; nobody's writing orders; big retailers aren't shopping; the venue is bad and does not compare to other cities.
This show was no exception.
I've heard these exact same complaints every show since 2003--even before the recession hit and the floors were flush with buyers with lots of money. I've always listened to the complainers--even as they complained about the traffic in front of our booth limiting their ability to sell as they did this time--knowing that they were making excuses for their own failures to make the most of the money they spent to attend the show. In your journey to the top you will be confronted with the complainers at every step. You have a choice: complain--or succeed.
They call them "Temporaries" for a reason
I want to clear up some of the myths about tradeshows right now:
- If you're exhibiting in the "Temporary Showrooms" section for more than 2 years, you're doing something wrong.
- If you're going to a tradeshow with the expectation of writing enough "cash or credit" orders to cover the costs of the show, you're setting yourself up for failure.
- If you go to a tradeshow without preparing to fully exploit every opportunity presented there, including press, distributor, manufacturer and representation, you're wasting your money.
- If you spend your money on costly booth designs and furnishings, you will not survive.
- If you don't use the successful foothold you gained from exhbiting to launch yourself into big retailers across the country as quickly as you can, you will run out of money and miss your opportunity to do so.
- If you're not ready to take advantage of an offer from a big retailer to put your product on shelves across the country because you haven't intelligently worked out manufacturing, pricing, merchandising, EDI logistics, capitalization and marketing--they will never ask you again.
What's it take to succeed?
Why was our booth busier than the rest? Why did buyers from so many big retailers visit us to ask for samples to be sent to their buying offices after the show? Because we worked every angle:
- We advertised in The Market Magazine, mailed out to 200,000 retail buyers 6 weeks before the show.
- We printed and distributed a stunning BUY MOM CATALOG to thousands at the show.
- We paid to have our catalog posted on AmericasMart Virtual Storefront, where 110,000 retail buyers come to shop each month.
- We vetted and responded to 100's of wholesale inquiries from our BUY MOM WEBSITE, before, during and after the show.
- We handled most of the agonizing and complicated logistics of booth display, set-up, electrical, lighting, furnishings, signage, forms, and more, so our exhibitors could focus on one thing: SELLING.
- Our exhibitors worked hard to get ready to BREAK DOWN THE DOORS OF BIG RETAIL!
Channels of distribution are keys to the millionaire kingdom
All of the exhibitors who joined BUY MOM in July at AmericasMart were LAUNCHING THEIR PRODUCTS for the first-time. Most of them are already well on their way into big box retail.
Is it your turn to join us in January 2012? CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE. But hurry. Limited spots remain.